Protecting the Interests of Wyoming's Public Utility Consumers

Chairman Mary Throne

Governor Gordon appointed Mary Throne to the Commission, effective March 1, 2019 and reappointed her in  2021. She began her term as Chairman in March 2023. Mary serves as the  Chair of the Western Interconnect Regional Advisory Body (WIRAB), is a member of the Western Interstate Energy Board’s Committee on Regional Electric Power Cooperation, serves as chair of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) Clean Coal And Carbon Management Subcommittee,  has served as a Co- Vice Chair of Energy Resources and Environment Committee,  is a  member of NARUC’s National Council on Electricity Policy, and is a member of New Mexico State University’s Center for Public Utilities Advisory Council.  Mary received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in History from Princeton University in 1982 and her Juris Doctor from Columbia Law School in 1988.   A Campbell County, Wyoming native, Mary returned to the state in 1992.  Prior to joining the Commission, Mary represented the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Air Quality Division in the Office of the Attorney General and in private practice, she assisted a variety of energy, mineral and business clients with environmental compliance and permitting, industrial siting, and other regulatory issues.  For ten years, Mary represented Cheyenne’s House District 11 in the Wyoming House of Representatives, serving as Minority Floor Leader for four years. Working in a bipartisan fashion, she played a key role in developing Wyoming’s landmark carbon capture and sequestration laws. Mary and her husband, Kevin Boyce, live in Cheyenne and have 3 sons, Michael, Tarver, and Patrick. 

Term Expires March 1, 2027

Wyo.Gov       Citizen       Visitor       Privacy Policy      Contact Us 

Sign Up for Email Notifications via GovDelivery

In order to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the information contained within this website is available in alternate formats upon request.Please send your comments and suggestions to the Wyoming Public Service Commission at